All-in-One Backlit Screen and One-Push Button Functions
Handheld diagnostic tools should put all the information a user needs right in the palm of your hand, but too often other scanning tools bury this data within the device, requiring you to navigate through multiple menus to find what you want. The 3160 is different. Using a combination of its patented all-in-one backlit screen, that allows for viewing 25 pieces of vital information in three languages--English, French or Spanish--all at once, even in low light conditions without having to change screens, and single-button function access to minimize menu scrolling, users are guaranteed quick, efficient access to data they need.
Easy to read, back-lit all-in-one screen.
Patented Emission Status LEDs
Emission status LED system
and one-push function buttons.
Over 30 States now use an OBD2 based system to check for emissions readiness, making it more important than ever to be aware of the status of your vehicle and to keep it running in top condition. With this in mind, the Innova 3160 has been designed with the ability to read the exact same
emissions information as these state-required tests do to determine your chances of passing the first time around. Built around a simple color-coded system where Green = Pass, Yellow = Potential Problems and Red = Fail, users are able to quickly diagnose potential emission issues with the Innova 3160. Other tool manufacturers charge over $100 for this feature alone and a separate tool has to be purchased, but the 3160 includes this with the price of purchase.
Additional Diagnostic Resources at Canobd2.com
The Equus Innova 3160 also comes with access to RepairSolutions through canobd2.com. RepairSolutions allows users to take control of vehicle diagnostics by providing you with the complete solution as to why your "Check Engine" light is on. A basic report is provided free with your scanner purchase, with a comprehensive analysis available for additional purchase.
Key Product Features:
- Professional OBD2 generic scan tool all 1996 and newer cars, light trucks, and SUVs - domestic, Asian and European Import.
- Diagnoses ABS codes on 1996 and newer GM, Ford and Chrysler vehicles.
- Features unique patented all-in-one backlit screen and LED display for quick state emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification.
- Retrieves OEM enhanced and transmission DTCs.
- Communicates with all OBD2 protocols: C.A.N. (Controller Area Network), ISO 9141, J1850PWM, J1850VPW, KWP 2000 ISO 14230-4.
- Provides SAE enhanced live Data - views, records, and plays back* live PCM data streams.
- Displays freeze frame data.
- Includes Spanish and French interface and definitions (selected by a menu command).
- Retrieves OBD2 DTCs: generic codes (P0, P2, P3, and U0) / manufacturer specific codes (P1, P3, and U1).
- Unit can be flash updated with a standard Windows PC (OBD-PC Link software required / included with tool).
- Memory / battery backup for off-car review and analysis.
What's in the Box
- Comes with access to CanOBD2.com RepairSolutions which gives trouble code definitions, a full diagnostic report, probable causes, most likely fix to DTC's, repair costs and more.
The Innova OBD2 3160 ABS Kit includes the diagnostic tool, an OBD2 16-pin DLC cable, PC software and cable, a copy of Equus' "Understanding OBD2 video," a sturdy nylon tool storage pouch, an instruction manual in English, Spanish and French and access to canobd2.com where you can find repair solutions, tech tips and product support.
Equus Products, Inc. ("Equus") warrants to the original purchaser that its units are free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and maintenance for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase.
About Equus Products, Inc.
Equus Products, Inc., is an ISO 9001: 2008 certified company, and a leading manufacturer and distributor of test equipment, gauges and tachometers for the automotive aftermarket. Founded in 1982, the company markets and distributes its gauge line under the Equus brand to major retail and WD accounts throughout the US, Canada and Mexico. In 1990, Innova Electronics Corporation was acquired for research, design and product development. Test and tune-up products developed under this division carry the Innova brand, providing customers with easy-to-use products for servicing the vehicles of today and tomorrow.